Monday, August 25, 2008

Thank God for antihistamines

I am feeling quite a bit more comfortable in my own skin today- thank God for antihistamines and hydrocortisone cream! Still mourning the end of my seaside seafood diet, but all good things come to an end.

I did get a good evening swim in. I felt consoled knowing that I wasn't going to develop a greater rash with each stroke I was taking. The pool water is warmed by the sun and cooled by the rain, and despite the fact that the clouds have been heavy with hopes of rain they have held off. This was the first morning the sun was shining during my bike ride to school and the first day that it didn't rain at all. The air is oppressively humid. Hope it rains tonight!

After school I went to a favorite coffee shop to read for fun. I finished Zora Neale Hurston's "Their Eyes Were Watching God." A beautiful book- and one that challenged me to consider the ways which language succeeds and fails to capture the human experience. More thoughts to come on this...

I'm drugged and drowsy and off to bed.

No comments: