Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Go chasing waterfalls


I had an incredible time this weekend traveling with a small group of friends to Baños- a small town catered to tourists and specifically tourists looking to participate in adventure sports. My friends and I rented mountain bikes to bike in the valley of volcanoes. It poured all morning while we peddled- and my Ghana teammates would be proud that I didn’t fall off my bike once! We passed 8 waterfalls before arriving at our final destination. The views were literally breathtaking! We spent some time hiking to a waterfall before eating lunch and preparing to go canyoning. Two guides took my four friends and me scaling up a mountain so that we could repel down San Jorge Waterfall- all in all over 200 meters of ascending and descending. It was exhilarating!

Sunday we visited the thermal baths nestled beside the mountain and yet another waterfall. This was a great way to relax our muscles that were sore from yesterday’s adventures.

We ate well and enjoyed great conversation in Baños- now I am revived and ready to take on city and school life.

No comments: